Saturday 8 March 1986

Another Night in Rugby

Drove to the Chequers and again to Rugby where I filled in for a second night. Luckily I only worked there for two nights and never ever went there again. Unfortunately it meant was that the next day, Mothering Sunday, was to be my first actually working day in the Chequers itself. I'd got the job there because a fried, Andy, lived in a flat a few doors further down the road from the pub and he had worked there for a while in the evenings. He wasn't able to continue doing so and had suggested that I might want to take his place. The Chequers was a food orientated country pub and very popular with the Sunday lunch crowd. Mother's Day was always one of the busiest days of the year. Tomorrow, it appeared, was going to be a baptism of fire.

No comments: