Thursday 23 February 2012

OK Folks, Lets All Work Ourselves to Death … Innit, Poor Di It Never Rains, Allotement Time Again, John’s Leaving Date, Team Meal, Carol Still Suspended.

Ok I have kept telling myself that I’ve got to start blogging again and it’s now or never. I’m going to have to get info from Hannah and Nat everyday about what they have done because otherwise I’ll have little to write about. Of course I could post the email here that one on my dumb colleagues on the other team sent to the company head honcho suggesting we work FIVE rather Than Four days a week in the Winter time with THREE rather than Four days off between shifts. So at the most exhausting time of the year she wants us to work 55 hours every week and then work 3ON/5OFF over the Summer. Oh great suggestion just what the Doctor ordered if you want everyone going on the sick. The original reason we were put on the current shift was because people were finding they couldn’t cope when they were doing 5ON/2OFF. What possessed her to write this silly email without even checking with the rest off us? Here is her mail and his reply:

From: xxxxxxxx, LoraineSent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 04:34 AMTo: xxxxxxx, PhilSubject: Re:suggestion
 

Hi Phil,

I have a suggestion to make, I am one of the overnight staff here at British Gas Aylestone Road Leicester. We work 4 nights on and 4 nights off and during the winter periods. Myself as well as many of my colleagues do a lot of overtime, when cover is needed as late as midnight sometimes, especially last winter we did overtime into the early hours of the morning which is fine for us earning the extra money and also good that we are meeting the requirements of the business and filling the key gaps.
What do you think about the overnight teams working 5 nights on and 3 nights off in the winter which would mean less overtime, the key gaps would be covered, then in the summer months when we are all sat here with a very limited amount of calls coming through would it not make more sense for us to work 3nights on and have 5 days off.
Makes sense to me, as this winter the business was reluctant to give us the overtime due to the cost to the business but you never see in-day staff or the out of hours staff who work to say 10pm working much later than say an extra hour perhaps this way the overnight teams who would normally cover key gaps during the winter months
would be carrying out an extra shift anyway and what they would gain from doing so would be to work only 3 nights during the summer.
I do hope that I have made sense in my suggestion to you and hope that it would be something for you to consider, I do feel that this is something that could work not just in meeting the business requirements but surely during the summer months it would be an advantage then to the overnight staff.
Have a ponder over it!

Kind Regards

Loraine

His Reply

From: xxxxxx, Phil Sent: 19 February 2012 07:50To: xxxxxx, LoraineCc: , Chris John  ClaireSubject: Re: suggestion

Loraine

Many thanks for your email. I have been up to Leicester to see the 'night shift' at work, and I have to say I think you do a cracking job!

This seems like a really good idea - after all, it's what we've done with our engineers, who work longer hours in Winter but can get 3 day weeks in Summer.

Now there may be some reasons why it wouldn't work, but I'll ask my team to look into it, as it makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks once again - and please pass on my appreciation for all you guys do.

Phil


So, brilliant or what PLUS I now hear she may have put herself forward for Voluntary Redundancy so she possibly won’t even be here if this comes into effect!!! Inconsiderate Unthinking CUNT!!!

And now for other news, in addition to being burgled, assaulted by a pupil, having a nightmare of a disturbed kid ruining her classes and learning her adopted daughter may have a serious problem with her vision my friend Dianne went and broke her iPhone tonight. With all the other shit she currently has to deal with that simply isn’t fair.

We missed the allotment this weekend but it’s back to the grind stone next weekend as there’s planting to get started. Gonna have to sink a lot of onions into the sod apparently. Wonder if the kids will help …Not!!!
John told me to night he had been given a redundancy date and he will be leaving at the end of March (so much for telling him they wanted him to stay until June) and so we are all going out for a meal on 28 March to say goodbye. The Terracotta apparently, not my first choice but I’m not going to make waves about it.

Carol remains on suspension and the rumours continue as to what she may have done or not done. Just keep me out of it is all I’ve got to say about that one.

OK lets see if we can post this as IE version we are stuck with at work is no longer supported by Google. Going to have investigate mobile blogger option which may be better for short regular posts.

No comments: