Saturday 19 January 2013

File Transfers: Sorting Out The Hard Drives



Little that I recollect; I don’t think today was the day I transferred lots of stuff between the PC hard drive and the external hard drive although I did do that at some point in the last week. Finally began to try and organise all the book files by transferring them all over to the existing book file on the external hard drive. When I’ve sorted them out and tried to remove as many duplicates as I can I plan to put them on the other hard drive and use the large hard drive for mainly video and audio media. This is not going to be a quick job as I’ve over 200 gigabytes of booked and as a 1,000 page book only requires 1 megabyte of space that equates to something like 400,000 500 page books. I don’t believe that’s correct so the first thing to do is find out what other files have been inadvertently stored in this file and remove them. I’m hoping these include a whole load of movies in order to bring down the file size by a significant amount.

No comments: