Friday 30 March 2007

Mr Woodsilver

Mr Woodsilver (not his real name) called approx 5 am. I was on his home number for 30+ mins and then I had to call back on his mobile in order to guide him around house in order to find the alarm that was beeping (this is indicative of a battery problem rather than the alarm going off). On mobile for approx 30mins. Eventually found alarm. Unable to deactivate. Found details local age concern for him to tel after 8am for help with removing & replacing batttery. These are the calls I live for. This elderly gentleman was unable to work out where the noise was coming from. I asked if he had a mobile phone - because his land line wasn't cordless. He had but didn't know his number. What make of phone is it, I asked? A nokia he evenutually replyed. Do you know how to find the My number function? No!! OK I've got a Nokia here, let me talk you through it. Well, after I worked out how to find it, I keep my number in the directory, I started to explainb to him what to do. It was about 5 mins later that I discovered he was looking for his mobile number BUT he was looking in the actual phone book! You know, the one made out of paper with all the numbers in it! Most of the hour passed this way with the poor guy not really hearing what I was asking him to do.

No comments: