Sunday 3 March 2013

blog

Blog Sunday 2 March

 

Oh well Dave’s Leicester comedy Festival is well and truly over ending last Sunday 24 Feb. I had hoped to attend more events but was stopped by circumstances beyond my control. One was the weather which yet again turned nasty during my off-days and, additionally, over the last weekend I lost Friday and Saturday night to illness which meant it wasn’t possible to book off Sunday in order to attend an all day event at the Funhouse on the last day. However considering that I’ve never before managed to attend a single event in all the years since it started in 1996 I think going to two different venues and seeing a total of EIGHT different comedians wasn’t too bad a start. Well the die is case and so there’s no excuse to not go to more next year assuming I’m OK. Why that codicil? Well I went to the Doctor’s surgery to have my blood pressure monitored (first time in a while and part of scheme to try and get advice on regime to eliminate this recurring cold) and unfortunately turned out to be much higher than expected. The upshot is that I have an appointment this coming Wednesday morning to have my bloods taken (fasting from midnight!!!) and an appointment to see the Doc the following Thursday.

Anyway, apart from a few odd days, I’ve not smoked since the New Year, and Deb and I are taking Monty for fairly long walks most morning so the plan to get fit for Florida has started. Now have to cut down on the beer and go on a diet to try and rid myself of this awful belly I seem to have just noticed that I developed. Got a sickness review meeting schedule for sometime this morning with Leon which I’m not looking forward to; businesses obviously need to keep a close eye on sickness but I don’t think most of the time they appreciate the negative effects this monitoring actually has on their staff. When you are sick things are made worse because of the anxiety about employment this causes. You return to work not well and looking forward to jumping back into the game but rather apprehensive about what’s going to happen during the interview and what constrains are going to be placed on you on this occasion. You go through a year of worry terrified to take a day off however bad you feel and then when you’re through that probationary period and relax al little you are infected by whatever nasty bug is going round the call centre this winter and before you know it the whole sorry process starts again. Its soul destroying!

Di’s down in Naples (Florida), spending time with her kids before jerry gets deployed to Afghanistan, so I keep receiving pictures via WhatsApp showing me where they are and asking me if I remember this place or that; I do.

 


_____________________________________________________________________
The information contained in or attached to this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. It may contain information which is confidential and/or covered by legal professional or other privilege (or other rules or laws with similar effect in jurisdictions outside England and Wales).

The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of Centrica plc, and the company, its directors, officers or employees make no representation or accept any liability for its accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated to the contrary.

British Gas Trading Limited (company no: 03078711) British Gas Services Limited (company no: 3141243) and Centrica Energy (Trading) Limited (company no: 02877397), are all wholly owned subsidiaries of Centrica PLC (company no: 3033654). Each company is registered in England and Wales with a registered office at Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5GD.

British Gas Services Limited (BGS) and Centrica Energy (Trading) Limited are both authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA registration numbers are 490568 and 232514, respectively). BGS is authorised and regulated by the FSA for insurance mediation services. British Gas Trading Limited is an appointed representative of BGS for insurance mediation services (FSA registration number: 439467).

No comments: