Thursday 21 March 2013

Stayin Awake Stayin Awake: The Zzzzz Gees

Oh My Sweet Lord what on earth is going on with me? I’ve worked nights since Nov 2004 and I’ve never fallen asleep during a shift until these last few weeks. Again tonight I’ve struggled to stay awake since 2AM and failed on numerous occasions to do so. I think using twitter was what enabled me to keep alert these last couple of years and now we don’t have access to this or any other social media just reading, either Kindle or online, isn’t cutting the mustard; after all, don’t people read in bed with a view to drifting off to sleep? Now I know my phone contract has ended when I contact T-Mobile tomorrow to cancel current arrangement I’m going to have to give thought to seeing if they can offer me a decent deal on a mifi dongle so that I can get on line at work via my Nexus 7 and once more tweet or chat with my virtual buddies.

Even while writing this I’ve had to take a break for a stretch and a yawn and this despite throwing cold water in my face less than 30 minutes ago. Dianne, in Florida, thinks I no longer want to talk to her but the truth is that even on my off days I’m now incredibly sleepy after midnight whereas before I could chat through the night into the early hours of the morning. Gonna have to go to bed Friday morning if I’m to have any hope of staying awake late enough to have a chat to her on Skype on Friday night.

 


_____________________________________________________________________
The information contained in or attached to this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. It may contain information which is confidential and/or covered by legal professional or other privilege (or other rules or laws with similar effect in jurisdictions outside England and Wales).

The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of Centrica plc, and the company, its directors, officers or employees make no representation or accept any liability for its accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated to the contrary.

British Gas Trading Limited (company no: 03078711) British Gas Services Limited (company no: 3141243) and Centrica Energy (Trading) Limited (company no: 02877397), are all wholly owned subsidiaries of Centrica PLC (company no: 3033654). Each company is registered in England and Wales with a registered office at Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5GD.

British Gas Services Limited (BGS) and Centrica Energy (Trading) Limited are both authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA registration numbers are 490568 and 232514, respectively). BGS is authorised and regulated by the FSA for insurance mediation services. British Gas Trading Limited is an appointed representative of BGS for insurance mediation services (FSA registration number: 439467).

No comments: