Saturday 3 October 2009

Sat 3 Oct - A Sad Day (Dunc) but Having Fun With Twitter

Today marks the third anniversary of the suicide of my colleague Duncan. Dunc got himself backed into a corner and sadly choose, in a moment of desperation no doubt, to hang himself. Sometimes it seems like it happened ages ago at other times it’s as if it was a few weeks ago at most. I managed to save some of the emails we exchanged and I still enjoy reading them occasionally. He was vitriolic in the extreme about one member of staff whom he honestly despised and his comments still bring a smile to my face whenever the person in question is “acting out” and acting out is the correct term to use when referring to this particular individual.

For some unknown reason I accessed my Twitter account tonight and a comment from some one I follow concerning a Daily Express article about the Cervarix vaccine causing the death of a little girl got me tweeting sarcastic tweets against the anti-vaccine lobby. Later I moved on to taking the piss out of homeopathy, although if you think about it you can’t take the piss out of homeopathy because the homeopath already has! Some of these tweets can be seen to your left. I’d dismissed twitter as a bit of a waste of time but I hadn’t realised you could target various subject headings. Such good fun I must do this more often.

No comments: