Monday 7 March 2011

Saturday 5 March 2011

Today I went to the RAF museum in Hendon with the cubs and scouts but not so much the scouts just the cubs I only got invited because Hannah was going with both my parents. The day did not start of very well though because the car would not start and the coach had to stop at the end of the road and pick us up. When we got to the museum we went into the main hanger and dropped our bags of in a privet room and left with the sheats we had to fill in to get the badge that this trip was for. First we looked at helicopters and flying boats and biplanes then I saw a spitfire and filled in part of my work sheat then we saw the bombers the Lancaster is massive!!! then I found the second type of spitfire and filled the sheat in after this we looked at the jets which where also massive (planes are a lot bigger in real life). later I went on the simulator with Hannah which was great fun and awesome we then went to the battle of Britten Hanger and I found out the specifications for the third and final spitfire. I then looked around one of the WW2 sub hunting planes you could actually walk through it would have paid to be small if you worked on one of those planes!!!! I then went back to the bomber hanger with mum to comparer the Lancaster and he flying fortress all part of my badge and in my opinion the Lancaster is better and that is not just because British! Just before we left we went to the cafe and I had a brownie and a hot chocolate delicious :) I was then awarded my badge and we went home.        

No comments: