Wednesday 15 January 2014

Changing The Battery on The iPhone 4S ... or how I nearly pooped my pants

YES done it changed the battery on the iPhone S4 what a fiddly fucking job those screws are tiny & that part designed to fall off!!! Tip do not drink coffee before as I well got the shakes part way through and those screws are literally a millimetre or less in length. Had to use a toothpick to reposition the tiny black component that's designed to fall off when you unscrew the battery connector(never miss a trick do you Apple). Anyway all back together I'm shaking with relief that I didn't totally fuck the phone but on the upside I've now got a 4S with a brand new battery rather than a 2yr old battery that is only 60% efficient after that time and all the recharges. Hopefully won't need to do this again for a couple of years and now may reset the whole phone and set it up for my normal SIM card and put the pay as you go SIM in the Nokia 808 PureView and use that primarily as a camera as the social app abilities of the iPhone kick the 808 into touch but it's camera makes even the decent S4 camera look like a damaged box brownie. However gonna have a rest before going through the whole reset and back up procedure while battery charges up to full capacity.



The video above shows how it's done and yes I had the same problem with that little connector too.

No comments: