Wednesday 15 July 2009

Tuesady 14 July - Broken Promises, Working at Home and Dy-R Office Closure

7.30 AM, I finished work and I was completely knackered; for the first time, in five years of working nights, I almost fell asleep. Got home full of good intentions, walk the dog, cycle to Brockington.

Whoops, the kids were up late and now they’re both asleep and dead to the world. By the time both were up and fed and watered it was passed 9:00 and I was almost passing out on my feet.

Fell asleep on the sofa and was awakened by Han throwing a letter onto my face at approx 11:00. Made for the bedroom but interrupted by call from Donna asking if Deb had any rubbish that needed to go to the tip. We could have had 18 skips in the hall and I wouldn’t have been cognizant of their existence so I said “thanks but no thanks” and went to bed. No mp3’s or other distractions. Door closed, children bound and gagged, dead to the world; slept the sleep of the dead and woke only for two unavoidable pee breaks, how hard can it be to insert a catheter?

I woke at 6:00, more dinner from allotment, but I can’t remember what, it’s now 03:17am and dinner seems a long time ago.

Got to work for 8:00 pm and quietly logged on and got set up, we had a meeting at 10:00, did we want to participate in a home work project? I wouldn’t mind but I think there might be a few logistically problems, the downstairs PC runs Linux and is situated in the main room. This eliminates it as a possible work station. Could use Nat's PC in his bedroom but this runs Vista (work uses XP) and there is no phone line in his bedroom. We’ll have to see what develops.

Dyno-R are closing, their office, the call centre not the franchises; will we be taking their calls this winter? With the potential problems facing our own new emergency system this could be a move to far. I’m beginning to hope that’ll I’ll be in hospital having my hip done when all this kicks off if it’s turns out to be as bad as I think it might be!

Another really sleepy night, I really don’t understand why I’m so tired, I had to fight hard, between 01:30-03:00, to avoid nodding off; seem to have got my second wind now, perhaps writing this Blog isn’t a complete waste of time after all!

Only 45 minutes until lunch and then only 2 Hours 45 minutes until I’m done for another night. Christ I hate clock watching!

No comments: