Thursday 9 July 2009

Thursday 9 - Millfield Sports Day.


Thursday morning and it’s finally school sports day, twice cancelled already, too sunny and too wet. It was supposed to start at 9:30 and so I arrived at about 9:25 to find it in full swing. Han did quite well but Nat’s plan to be three times winner of the 3 legged race came a cropper. Was this simply an accident or were there sinister forces at work…. See for yourself dear reader, and then you decide……………….

Nat and Jack have won the Millfield sports day three legged race for the last two yrs and were looking forward to this year being their hat-trick year as they bow out and move on. This was not to be, as you can see in the video they suffered from a Velcro malfunction and walked in 4 legged and last. Neither were happy campers and both claimed that their Velcro had been interfered with. I suspect the Greys and the Illuminati, but then I always do.


Han should have won the sack race, most definitely, and would have done so if she’d had more “putting your legs into a sack” practice. She's the girl in the blue sack who comes second.


Han’s last race, a good attempt; we’ll have to work on the endurance over the summer, by the time you’ve cycled to Brockinghurst 30 odd times you’ll be as fit as a butchers dog!


Nat’s Last Race at Millfield…see the above comment!


That was it, another last for Nat is this how a condemned man feels, doing everything for the last time? Whatever!
While I was waiting for events to begin I had been speaking to Paul, a local boy whom I’d met shortly after moving into the area in 1985, a former drinking companion and now father of six! He’s got kids at Millfield and we cross paths every now and then. He was there supporting his daughter and had his wife and youngest son in tow. I hate to say that I forgot to ask either of their names as we got talking phones. I’d got my N82 to hand to film and Paul commented on how surprised he was to see me with an old phone. I explained that I had recently acquired it on EBay and had specifically bought it because of the quality of its camera. It turns out Paul is also a Mobile freak and he proceeded to bring out his iPhone 3GS (the latest). The morning was spent with the both of us waxing lyrical over the relative merits of the latest Smartphone’s. Oh the Joy!!!
Eventually their daughter ran her last race and they departed for MacDonald’s. When Han and Nat finished I cycled home and made my way to bed!

Rest of the day……..SLEPT!!!!!

Wed 8

Home, sleep and work; thats it, at least so far as I can remember!

No comments: