Saturday 29 August 2009

29 August - The Highcross Pub with Donna's Dad

I was in Town today and after I'd taken Nat to, and left him, at, the GamesWorkshop I went for a wander round town before ending up and spending too much time in the Apple Store playing with iPods and iPhones and iMacs (anyone notice a pattern). Before that I's watched the "Indian" musicians playing at the Clock Tower in the city centre. After I'd had my fill of tech I retired to the The High Cross (a J D Wetherspoons, and therefore cheap, pub) for a couple or three pints before picking Nat up at 5:00. As always the pub was pretty busy so, when I eventually got served, I bought two pints, Ruddles County, if I recall correctly, found myself a seat and settled down with my pint and a book to pass a pleasant afternoon.
A little while later I spotted John, Donna's dad and as deaf as a post, sitting at one of the tables and moved to join him. He was chatting with a fellow Geordie also called John (2) and I joined them for the rest of my time there. Great fun except that John 1 can't hear a thing you say so you always end up talking at cross purposes...which, anyway, was all part of the fun!
Donna's dad is the one on the left without the glasses. Here are the other photos I took that day:

No comments: