Monday 10 August 2009

Monday 10 Aug - The Year's Disappearing Again! Update on Hip 19/8/9

Still only feels like a few weeks since my Op but it's now been over 9 months; where's the time gone and why the f*** does my repaired leg still hurt so much?

Update, I visited hospital on 19 Aug (and forgot to write about it) for a six month assessment. I mentioned that I was experiencing a clunking sound some times when i stood, as if my new hip was out of place and slotting back into place but was advised that this wasn't something to be concerned about unless the joint was dislocating; I'd be immediately aware if this was the case as I'd be flat on my face on the floor. The pain, in my repaired leg is quite normal and I should expect it to take at least a year to recover fully from the surgery. Re: my left hip, I was advised that, unless it suddenly became chronically painful, it would be best to put this off until my right leg was fully recovered.

Bottom line, unless there's a sudden change for the worse I'm to return in Feb 2010 for further assessment.

With regard to the Time; it's like this for everyone as you get older but exacerbated by my peculiar work pattern. Because I work 4 on 4 off over night I, and the rest of the team, lose track of time and the days just seem to run together with little to differentiate them. The only solution is to develop interests that can be pursued whilst off so that the periods are distinct. Easily said but harder to do, especially as money's too tight for my to take up a gym membership or similar.

No comments: