Monday 21 December 2009

Sunday 20 Dec - Oh My God!!!

Got to work at 20:00 to see that there were over 70 callsin queue!! I've not seen this for at least 4 years. Started taking calls at 20:25 and didn't stop until 01:30. After 21:00, when all other centers closed the queue jumped to over 170 at one point. To make matters worse it seems that there is a major backlog of work from Friday and we were having to offer people who weren't at risk, appointments from Wednesday onward. As one might expect this news was not greeted very favouably especially as many of these people had been on the phone for up to an hour waiting to get through. It's now 01:49 and we appear to be on top of everything but it looks as thought there's a mountain of writing up that needs to be done tonight. Thank the lord that some of those due to finish at midnight agreed to work on until we had cleared the backlog of calls! I'm shattered, my head's pounding and I've drunk so much water, because my voice was going croaky, that I now feel permanently in need of the loo. Oh the joys of a middle aged male bladder!

No comments: