Thursday 17 December 2009

Thursday 17 Dec - Missed School Events, Hip Appointment and....

It's not a very nice day today weather wise so Deb took Nat to school in the car this morning in order to avoid the possibility that he might have to cycle home in a blizzard and so I walked Han to school along with Monty. By the time I got home my good hip was hurting fit to burst(?) and so I plonked myself down on the sofa to rest it. It wasn't until later that I realized what the date was and that I'd forgotten about the events on at school today. The Christmas singing concert was scheduled for 10:00 (although Han didn't mention that she was in it) and the staff X-mas buffet at 12:00 where there was to be a presentation to Pam Boyer, the school's music teacher, who leaves to move to Yorkshire at the end of this term. Unfortunately it's now 12:56 and I guess I've missed both. On the upside, if I'd gone I would have most probably turned off my phone at school and would have missed the call from Leicester General Hospital. They rang me to see whether I could make an appointment to see the surgeon, Mr Davidson, at 09:25 on the 19 Feb 2010 to arrange to get my second replacement surgery carried out. Looks like I'm going to have to put up with the pain for a couple of more months and that my request to get it done sooner has not met with success.

No comments: