Friday 28 January 2011

Headings and Tags to do

Finished work and away just after 7:10 (it takes me ten minutes to put on all my travelling shit). Shortly before I left Haskh passed me a copy of the Company disciplinary code. Well bugger me, I damn near shat my pants and wondered what on earth I’d done now. Nothing’s wrong, he assured me, it’s just something for you to know. Well there could be a lot more to it than that. Now H is the Unison (that’s a UK trades union dearest foreign reader – if you are a future reader then you need to understand that these were the people who used to represent the workers in what was once the UK but is now, of course, The Great Atlantic Crater. Yes, where that gaping great hole is there was once a dear little country what I called mine own) { http://www.eos.ubc.ca/courses/Dist-Ed/SyllabusImages/tungurahua-volcano.jpg}Representative for the night shift but he’s been angling for sometime for a promotion up into the rarefied ranks of management should he manage to do so he will have to take off his union hat and doff his management one. That of course means that there will be a vacancy and after my involvement in the JDM affair he’s already hinted that I might be just the person to step into this role. I don’t know whether or not that’s something I’d be happy doing, Jesus Christ on a crutch the JDM affair stressed me out enough as it was, but on the upside Unison do give each rep their very own Unison mobile phone and it’s not just any old phone it’s an iPhone 4. Now that of it’s self is one hell of a temptation and provides a huge upside to balance what I perceive as the downsides! He has missed out on the EA promotion but appears to be trying to be closely involved with various projects that are currently in motion. This would explain his early morning conversation with Debbie (?) last week. It would be great for him and well deserved if he did manage to get a promotion but on the downside that would mean even less males on the overnight team and Id miss his company and his wife’s wonderful cooking. Only time will tell but there’s a chance I might get my hands on an iPhone after all.


Anyway, where was I; oh yes, so I left work at 7:10 and cycled home. Apparently this is our golden four days; we’re off for a long weekend Friday AM – Tuesday PM but it’s only golden if you’ve money to spend on things to do; when you’ve not then it’s nothing but a long weekend stuck at home with the family doing nothing other than watching your life pass you by. Now, clever readers, from my tone can you hazard a guess as to which of the two foregoing scenarios most closely resembled my own experience… anyone? Is it of little wonder then that I wasn’t expecting great things and I wasn’t surprised when the weekend lived up to my expectations in full measure.

With regards to specifics I don’t recall anything else in particular about that first day and will so end this entry here. Oh yes, I forgot, I went to bed around noon and slept until the early evening. As a result I once more stayed down stairs when all had gone to bed and eventually fell asleep on the sofa…again!

No comments: