Saturday 29 January 2011

Headings and Tags to do

Nat came down at just after 6:00 and asked me if I’d like to go on his paper round with him, he seems to like it when I accompany him and isn’t at all embarrassed that his dad comes with him on his round especially on a Saturday when the papers are very large and heavy and he knows I’ll put them in the basket on the front of my bike and saved his poor shoulder. My Son either has the metabolism of a sloth on tranquilizers or else needs a new bike. I cannot comprehend how he is able to cycle so slowly, at his speed I either fall off my bike or, if there’s a strong wind, start going backward. Eventually we were done and headed home, Deborah and Hannah were still abed so we sat, had a hot drink and watched the BBC news channel. Eventually Nat suggested that, while Hannah was still in bed, he’d like to watch “The Joy of Teen Sex” which we’d taped previously. It’s a good thing that I don’t get embarrassed easily as it was quite a candid programme which provoked many questions from him. In fact it was a pretty good programme although I do have to admit that I did find the teenage reporter a little irritating. This may have more to do with my own prejudices than anything she actually did. She reminded my of Bob Geldof’s daughter “Peaches” who, a few years back, was also a spoilt socially advantaged teenage reporter who believed she was experienced enough to tell the rest of us who it “really was”! Peaches sweetie if it wasn’t for Daddy’s money you’d be behind a check out in ASDA! Yes our plucky teenage reporter had obviously had the benefit of an expensive private education and couldn’t wait to comment on and look down upon the strange sexual practices of the Oiks she’d spent her life being shielded from. To make matters worse she even looked a little like the aforementioned Peaches so she really wasn’t in with a chance with me. Well enough of me ranting against the iniquities of the Class System and its privileged babes and back to the subject at hand. Nat was fascinated and immediately the first programme concluded he wanted to watch the second. I was able to persuade him that it would be pointless to do so a Hannah would be out of bed shortly and that, despite the fact that she is 10 going on 20, the programme was just a little too advanced for her to watch. So instead I persuaded him that we should watch “Coming of Age” and told him that I was certain he would enjoy it. He was a little hesitant but I was proved to be right and by the end of it he was in tears. He especially liked the boy’s film about TITs which literally had both of us crying with laughter.


Deborah and Hannah finally put in and appearance and informed us that they were going shopping and so after they had left Nat and I started watching episode two of the joy of teenage sex. Strangely enough I found that our intrepid teenage reporter had grown on me…Not! Nat decided that he was going to go into town with his mates to the Warhammer store…Shock Horror he’s never done that before, well not unless you count every Saturday. He rang Brandon and Zak and arranged for Brandon to call to us and then he and Nat would be picked up by Zak and his dad/mum and dropped off in town. So, by 10:30, I was, once again, alone and able to continue developing my plot for World domination. This is coming along nicely, if somewhat slowly, and should be complete sometime around 2070 at which point I’ll start to implement it. Be ready world to sing the praises your Great Leader…ME.

Deborah and Hannah arrived back around 11:30 but were only home until 2:00 when they left for a ballet lesson with Miss Deidre.

At some point I received a text form work informing me that there was overtime available if I wanted to come in today. Given that I never get any benefit from the extra cash I though f**k it and didn’t respond. If I did 6 hours at time and a half then I’d gross approximately £120 and if I were allowed to take £20 of that for myself, each time I did that, then I’d happily do it because that would mean there were less days in which I could spend money but that on the days when I could I’d actually have something to spend. I’d just like to be able to afford to go into town one weekend and spend the afternoon doing the book and tech shops before spending the remained of the afternoon enjoying a few pints in the Wetherspoon’s Pub on High Street. Surely that’s not an overly lofty ambition, enough money to buy a few beers in Leicester’s cheapest pub.

Anyway, the days passed, as they all do, Nat came home with his mates in tow and ensconced themselves upstairs on the X-box, in Nat’s room, for the rest of the evening. Deborah and Hannah got back at about 4:45 and I don’t recall a great deal happening after that. Zak stayed until 8:30 and Brandon until 9:00. Shortly afterward they all went to bed while I remained downstairs watching the TV. Fell asleep on the sofa…anyone spotted a pattern yet? Well have you? Come on you at the back what’s the common theme at the end of many of these entries? There are two aren’t there? There is the fact that very time the blog seems to end with me falling asleep on the sofa and then there are my increasingly desperate attempts to break that arbitrary self imposed thousand word barrier and it looks as though I’ve managed to do exactly that once again (1000).

No comments: