Wednesday 26 January 2011

Kenya Third Round, N8 Fiddling, Photo, Boxing, Work IT Problems, Feed By Hasmuhk, Return To Twitter,

It looks as if I’ll have to find even more money from somewhere (where???) as Nat advised us today that he’s been told that he is through to the 3rd round of the Kenya Trip selection process… Lucky Bugger! Now I’m in the position of hoping that next winter will prove to be as bad as this has been. If it is then I’ll at least have the opportunity to do masses of overtime and accumulate mucho needed spondoullies. This being the case then next year we’ll most likely have the mildest winter since records began…eternal optimist me.


I recall little else; I stayed up on the PC until approximately 12:30 after which I climbed the stairs sleepily to Bedfordshire where upon I alternated between napping and listening to podcasts. I think I was a little light on the napping because when I woke at 6:00 I was totally fricking knackered as we say here in Englishland (yes where the history comes from). Oh I forgot, I know what I was doing on the PC I was alternating between reading up on mobiles, the N8 in particular, and playing with the camera application on said mobile to see what it was capable. I took a series of close-up photos of Monty and then played about photographing the hot water bottle cover; yes I know that sounds weird but you’ll get the picture (ouch) from examining the pictures below. When I got up and after I’d eaten I continued doing this for a little while with Hannah, trying to get multiple images of her into a single panoramic photo. I wasn’t very successful at achieving the desired result, in part because she wasn’t sure what I wanted her to do and partly because I was in a rush to do it before changing to go to work. I’ll have to try again when I’m off and explain what I want her to do more clearly and take more time setting up the shots. Well you can’t learn from your mistakes if you don’t make any to begin with…can you?

The kids had been busy; when I first came downstairs Nat was away boxing and Han was at ballet. When they returned Nat immediately went upstairs to get changed for scouts where, typically, he faffed about and was still not dressed when Darren turned up to take him there.

Ended up leaving a little late and there was a strong head wind on the way in I barely made it to work on time. I told JDM that I’d be a little late starting to take calls because I needed to catch me breath. I needn’t have worried as soon as I’d signed on it was apparent that there were problems with my account and I couldn’t access the main programme we use. Fifty minutes, and many attempts, later the IT desk was finally able to solve the problem and finally at 20:45 I was able to start work.

The night was very changeable, early on, until 23:00, we were heavily overmanned and had little to do. At 23:00 when everyone other than our team left we were inundated for the best part of the next two hours. After that it settled down and was reasonably quiet throughout the rest of the night. Yet again H’s wife had made him far more food than he could possibly eat and Prash has brought his own so I, once more, had the pleasure of enjoying H’s wife’s wonderfully delicious Indian cooking. Why are people under the impression that vegetarian cooking is boring and tasteless? They couldn’t be more wrong! I feel a little guilty taking all this food but as H says if he goes home with uneaten stuff he gets into trouble so really it’s me that’s doing him a favour…does anyone think I should charge him for this or should I continue to be the selfless one?

Isn’t it weird a little while ago I was convinced that I had nothing to write about today and then before you know it I’m close to hitting the seven hundred word mark? Oh it truly is a strange world where these words can mysteriously appear from nowhere and it also obvious when someone has started writing drivel in order to reach that magic One Thousand Words point. Wait a mo, there’s no need for this pointless prevarication I’ve just thought of something real to write about.

Tonight signalled my real return to the Twitter sphere; I’ve made a few random posts over the last couple of nights but tonight I started remaking contact with some of those I exchanged regular tweets with prior to the inclement weather. Got back in contact with @RobinEccles earlier in the day and exchanged a number of tweets with @Fab44Me in Las Vegas; she’s the native American lady who’s son got a copy of Call of Duty on the same day that Nat did and who Nat’s played against a few times on his X-Box. Sent a terrible joke reply in response to @CrispySea

Re: his comment on sexing up the Opera;

@CrispySea Surely (yes I called U Shirley) there's no need to sex up Opera unless or until the Fat Lady Minges. So, Sorry I couldn't resist!

no response to that one as yet.

Tonight the Hash Tag I played with was #sagamusic and I think that I did manage to come up with quite a few pretty funny ones, certainly I had a retweet and a number of direct responses to a few of them. So, in all their glory here they are:

I Only Have Dies for You #sagamusic


I Wanna Be Sedated By Dignitas - The Ramones #sagamusic


I'm So Lonesome I Could Die, #sagamusic


Good Golly, Miss Molly...U Dead!, #sagamusic


Blueberry Hill Cemetery #sagamusic


I Heard It Through the Gravevine, #sagamusic


Papa's Got a Brand New Hag, #sagamusic


Tangled Up in Glue, Bob Dylan #sagamusic (for horses)


When a Man Out Lives a Woman, Percy Sledge #sagamusic


The Tracks of My Fears, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles #sagamusic


You've Lost That Livin' Feelin', The Righteous Brothers #sagamusic


(Shittin on) the Doc of the Day, Otis Redding #sagamusic My Fav


A Last Day in the Life, The Beatles #sagamusic


Old People Get Ready, The Impressions #sagamusic


Slowin' in the Wind, Bob Dylan #sagamusic


Ground Dog, Elvis Presley #sagamusic


Purple Haze With A Strange But Beautiful And So Alluring Shiny White Light I


Dust in the Wind #sagamusic


A (last) Change Is Gonna Come, Sam Cooke #sagamusic


"(Last of) My Generation", The Who #sagamusic


Shells Like Teen Spirit #sagamusic


Johnny B. Gone, Chuck Berry #sagamusic Retweeted


Shake Rattle and Drool #sagamusic


"Last Nite (Of My Life)" by The Massive Strokes #sagamusic


"99 (Age Related) Problems" by Jay-Z #sagamusic


"Take Me Out (Of These incontinence Pants)" by Franz Ferdinand #sagamusic


"Jesus Walks With A Cane" by Kanye West #sagamusic

As everything changes so some things always remain the same and as usual C continues to loudly sound off with her very own Mersey Tunnel.

How true the famous proverb is;

The Emptiest Vessels Do Make The Most Noise!

Just another nine words and that’s twelve hundred altogether.

No comments: