Thursday 19 April 2012

Big Cheeses and Slagging of The Unlamented C

Tonight we on the night team were to meet with two of the “Big Cheeses” to discuss the business and the way forward after the recent traumatic staff losses. I for one wasn’t looking forward to this as usually these exercises are not only a complete waste of time the false friendliness and the air of “we’re all equals together” is cringingly embarrassing and nauseating in the extreme. Additionally I anticipated, given the recent evening, it would mean we would leave the meeting to return to discover an even bigger queue of customers trying to contact us.
Well it takes a big man to admit when they are wrong so it’s a lucky thing that I have an enormous Willie because I was. The meeting was interesting, informative and I I believe our feedback was actually listened too and may even end up being acted upon (time will tell). We were also reassured that, at least in the medium term, our jobs were safe. I certainly wasn’t wrong about the queues mind you and at one point we had 107 people trying to contact us. On the upside the time flew by and by midnight we’d cleared this backlog.
Don’t know what prompted it (hold on I do, it was the night security guy Godfrey) but later on the knives really came out for our late and much unlamented colleague Carol. OMG did the ladies on the team do a number on her but then saying that nothing they said was actually undeserved. She indeed was a 1st class bitch and her absence has been the one ray of light in an otherwise, work wise, dismal new year.

No comments: