Monday 9 April 2012

Easter Monday: Nail a Fanatic to a Tree Day +4

Left work this morning noting that there were a whole 12 people (approx) in work ready to take calls at seven, compared to 60+ at the same time week days last week, so it would seem that again people have chosen to take the day as a bank holiday because they weren’t given 28 days notice that they were required to work. This didn’t bode well for the evening and I resolved to get a good day’s sleep.

Weather was yucky and I was so so glad I’m still not cycling, because of shoulder injury (shoulder doesn’t hurt anymore but getting constant pins and needles all along my arm now) and I was so glad that was the case because it was one of those horrible cold drizzling rains that chill you and soak you to your very marrow. Once again Nat avoided having to do his paper round on his bike. Given the cost of petrol I wonder whether, as a family, we’d be better off financially if he didn’t have a paper round.

Once I was home I stayed up for a little while but headed for bed around 10:00 and went to sleep virtually immediately. Slept through the day and woke about 5.00. was not looking forward to work and so when I arrived at 7:15 I was pleasantly surprised that we’d only taken 2,300 calls all day and there were no calls in queue.

Sadly things didn’t stay like that; at 8:00 everywhere (everywhere TF) closed and all of a sudden we had 40 calls in queue and a handful of people answering them. This situation continued passed midnight and eventually dies off.

At 3:15 we received a call from someone, supposedly with autism, and 1.5 hours later we were still dealing with it. Turned out, it appears, it was, or may have been, a hoax call. Be interesting to see what it’s like this morning and tonight. If it’s the same then a few “reorganisers” need to be shown the door via a fucking great boot up their collective arses. Like the Catholic God Botherer shown below:

No comments: