Sunday 1 April 2012

Bye Bye John and Krishna Part 2

John left this morning, on the dot at seven o’clock. he literally shook hands and ran from the building. I think (know) this was to stop people seeing just how upset he was with what was happening. After 18 years unceremonious finish no one from senior management even bothered to say goodbye and as for his immediate manager he hasn’t met with her since 9 January. In fact I don’t think any of us of seen hide or hair of her for months. Nice one L you is the world’s best … not. As far as I’m concerned it was your failure to distinguish between noise and competence that lead to his redundancy in the first place. We’ll just have to see how well your silly USA style of management works out in the long term won’t we. I suspect it will be as applicable to the UK worker as introducing a Japanese company anthem and morning calisthenics wouldn’t be. We don’t Razzle and we don’t Cheer (we just wanna drink your beer … oops poetry fit there I suspect) because we are far too laid back for that sort of bollocks. Instead we just get on with doing the job. Oh well time will tell and we’ll see how the new guy works out when he returns from his 3 week holiday in the USA trhat began at the end of last week … more superb timing innit!
So the day began on a high note and to be honest little happened to raise the level of general merriment. Got home about 7.30 and while Deb took Nat out to do his new Sunday paper round (he will be cycling, eventually, once route is properly sussed out) I continued to convert some books on calibre while waiting for out decrepit TV to display a picture. It’s a record breaker!!! TV turned on at 7:45 picture appears shortly after 11:10. Yeah, we gotta widescreen radio; I wonder if I could sell it on eBay as a novelty item? PC was it’s usual helpful self and kept freezing but eventually got my scuience and atheism books converting and transferred these to the Kindle later.
Checked my N8 in order to download pics from last night only to discover that Hasmukh’s had vanished/never appeared. I searched gallery and all files repeatedly but they were no where to be found. It occurred to me later that they might have stored on the pen drive I was using to watch Dexter but I’m sure that wasn’t attached at the time of the trf. I’ll have to check that at work tonight.
Went to bed about 1:30 and after a short interlude fell asleep listening to Bill Bryson audio book “Sorry I’m a Stranger Here Myself” which collects his late 1990’s news paper column chronicling his misadventures when he returned to live in the USA after a twenty year absence. Nat played rugby at Coalville this morning. They had been told that Coalville RFC were raising money for charity and that they all had to wear something pink to the match. Deb pointed out the date to Nat, 1 April, and suggested that perhaps this wasn’t strictly true and that it might be an April Fools trick. Nat didn’t wear pink but had a pink T-Shirt of mine in his bag in case it wasn’t a wind up. It was a wind up but had unfortunate consequences. The team were short three players and at least one, Jacob (I’m a lazy little fucker and any excuse will do) didn’t come because he didn’t have anything pink to wear. Vipers were only able to field 12 players and had to borrow 3 off the other team. They were given the three of Coalville’s most rubbish players and these guys then proceeded to play as if they were still on Coalville’s side. Very bad form because when the role is reversed our guys are told to play at their best for the other side. Vipers narrowly lost allow Nat scored 2 tries and heard their coach telling his guys that if he came through again to hit him and complained to the ref that Nat had punched one of the Coalville team. Luckily Duncan was referring and knows that Nat wouldn’t do that except in retaliation. In any event if he had hit the guy it was claimed he hit it would be unlikely that he would be sufficiently conscious to complain about it. I heard all this when I woke because yet again I’d had to miss the match because I was working.
Got up at Six and had dinner before work. Deb had bought one of Marks and Spencer’s (£10.00 romantic) Meals for 2 deals for Sunday dinner and had stretched it with additional vegetables. The fried peppers were delicious and there was certainly more than enough chicken for four.
Left home at seven having uploaded most the books I was converting earlier to my kindle. Atmosphere at work wasn’t happy everyone very down about John and Krishna. Busy as buggery don’t know why except Cardiff centre kept trying to off load national grid calls onto us until we explained we weren’t part of the pilot scheme they were running and so to stop fucking calling us.
 Eventually, we things quietened down  we dug out last night’s remaining cakes and savouries and induldged ourselves. After a slice of Hannah’s cake (even nicer after a day to mature in the tin) I tried a slice of Sandy’s chocolate tort: OMG I think I’ve died and gone to chocolate heaven!!! Sandy made a rich dark chocolate tort for last night which remained untouched, too much food twas the same with Hannah’s cakes, and was kept for tonight. The others complained that it was too rich for them but with strong black coffee it was delicious and as I write these lines I’m still recovering from the endorphin rush … so this is what chocolate does to women ah? This was immediately followed by Mr’s h’s curry which it to be said has left me with a peculiar taste in my mouth. Not unpleasant just peculiar. Add black coffee and an early Grey tea made by Abdul and I’m assured of a reputation as a well cosmopolitan eater innit!!!

No comments: