Sunday 20 September 2009

Saturday 19 - Tuesday 22 Quite Interesting fact and quotation of the day

Finished work on Saturday morning and home too sleep. Can't recall much about the weekend like most, these days, seems like I did an awful lot of not very much.

Monday - Kids too school Deb to work...............PEACE at last!!!!!!!!! Spent most of the day mooching about. Still haven't got a plan of how to spend my off days; my hips severely constrain outside activities but now the schools are back perhaps I could do more as a Governor at Han's school. There's a Governors meeting on Tuesday evening so we'll see what comes up.

Nat got more merit points at school today; he's averaging one a day at present and I think his ambition now is to sustain that for the whole year. He gets most of them for answering questions ion class; unfortunately it appears that his teachers are beginning to cotton on to how extensive his General Knowledge is and are asking the other kids to answer first.

Tuesday - No school today for Han; she's come down with a nasty case of the Lurgies. I called the school to advise them and was told that there was a bug doing the rounds. She was really poorly all of Tuesday and most of Wednesday but seemed better by late Wed afternoon.

It was the first Governors meeting of the year this evening and so there was quite a full agenda to get through; technically I'm no longer a Governor (my term expired at the end of last school year [4 yrs...where did it go?] and if I want to continue in post I'll need to stand for election shortly) but I'm still being treated as one at the moment. I need to contact the Deputy Head and get up to speed with whats happening on the I.C.T. front as i have responsibility for this area. I'll contact Steve for a meeting and write a full report for the next meeting. That way if I'm out on my uppers at least my replacement will be able to get up to speed reasonably quickly. We were finished for about 8:30 (started 6:30) and I was home for 9:00. Had a few beers and Chillaxed - I love that word but I suppose it would be equally appropriate to say that I Relled.

Tomorrow, the 23rd of September, is not a happy memory day for Deb or I.






Quite Interesting fact and quotation of the day: " 20/9/09

The dungeon-master at London's popular sadomasochism haunt "Club Wicked" is also the founder member of the world's only S&M troupe of Morris dancers.



To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.” JACK HANDY

No comments: