Thursday 3 September 2009

Thursday 3 Sept - Back To School

This is it folks, in a few short hours Nat starts big school and Han becomes a Junior at her school, where the hell has the time gone too?

I'm trying to remember what it was like to change schools and the memories there both sharp and vague which is weird. I can remember it clearly but not in any detail though I can remember my first year class distinctly. I went to Rhymney Secondary Modern

View Larger Map

(this was where they confined and consigned 11+ failures in the 1960's)

I don't know what it's used for now, they built a new school shortly before I left Wales in 1976, but the picture above was taken withing the last three years and the place still looks fairly institutional.

I Started at RSM in Sept 1967 and now 42yrs later my Son's about to go through the same experience. I hope he enjoys it more than I did. Don't worry Han, it'll be your turn before you know it; enjoy Millfield while you can, the hard work starts in BIG School!

No comments: