Wednesday 6 April 2011

Ill, Hannah’s a Scout, Shooting, Self-Confidence, Cricket Bat Therapy

Regarding myself I refer you, gentle reader to my previous post Re: Clog Dancers, Sweating and Shivers…I remained, throughout the day, on the Sofa wrapped in a quilt.


Hannah went to her first Scouts meeting, as a fully fledged Scout rather than as a visiting Cub, and got to experience the joys of shooting holes in a paper target with an air rifle. As usual she said she was rubbish at this even though she hit all the targets. Why does she always underestimate herself? Is this why she won’t watch “learning” programmes with me and Nat. Is she afraid she won’t understand? Silly girls she’s got a good brain, her school reports and teachers all confirm this, and we’ve just got to convince her to believe in herself. I’m going to have to stop being so heavy handed about it and try to more gently cajole her into watching with us! Note to self…Stop Hitting her with that Cricket Bat, a Baseball Bat should be more than enough!
OR

No comments: