Saturday 2 April 2011

Lazing on a Saturday Afternoon.

Having gone out with Deb, the previous evening, without the kids I was anticipating it would be at least two years before this happened again when low and behold it happened again the very next day!!! If that’s not proof of the existence of either Satan or a malevolent God then I don’t know what is; just how much evidence you Skeptics require…Well How Much Do You Need Unbelievers?
Nat buggered off to town with his mates to spend the day at the GamesWorkShop WarHammering while Deb drove Hannah to her three hour Drama, Dance and Singing class. I stayed at home watched the short version of Click (BBC News Channel’s Technology programme which I highly recommend along with it’s Radio sister programme Click [formally Digital Planet] which is broadcast on the BBC World Service and is also available as a BBC podcast…that’s enough advertising for the BBC for now.). Anyway Deb had gone and done a little shopping before returning and asking if I wanted to go with her to pick up Hannah from Brockington (yes she was attending her big brothers school) We fetched Han and drove her immediately to her ballet class, another two hours it’s no wonder she’s knackered on a Saturday night. After we dropped her off and left her with Miss Deidre instead of heading home we decided to do a little shopping at the Fosse (a large out of town shopping precinct on the outskirts of Leicester). “What on earth is the World coming to” I thought, “I spent time with her yesterday surely I can’t be expected to spend more”. No, I’m only joking; it was weird, as we did stupid simple little things like, look in envy at the expensive food on display in Marks and Spencer’s legendry food hall went for a coffee at Costa’s and perused the books in WH Smith’s...saw new Tom Clancey (reviews not good which is a shame) and Fredrick Forsythe novels and, finally, both volumes two and three of Peter F Hamiltons' Void trilogy are out in paperback, I can't beleive it's been three years since I read the first volume butr I know exactly when I did read it, Summer 2008 in Spain. I suddenly realised just how long it had been since we’d done this and how often we did before the kids arrived.
Anyway, it was nice (yes, it’s a nondescript word but appropriate to this occasion where there was nothing specific to specially highlight just a “nice” overall ambiance) and relaxing and very pleasant. I’m already missing the kids as they grow and become more and more independent but sometimes it’s nice just to get a break FROM THEM.

Well all good things come to an end so we left the Fosse and went and collected Hannah before returning home. Nat arrived home around 6:00pm and shortly after this was joined by Zak and possibly Jacob so disappeared to his room to teabag their sundry X-box victims (if you don’t know what tea bagging entails believe me you’d prefer to keep it that way but if you’re desperate then the gory details may be found here http://bit.ly/aFGUn you WERE Warned).
Well that was about it for Saturday, the lads eventually left, Nat, Deb and Hannah went to bed and I stayed down and watched a little TV. Did I mention the aliens?

No comments: