Wednesday 18 May 2011

JDM 50 Birthday Party at Work

JDM will be 50 next Monday and we had planned to hold a party for him the next day when we started back to work; however he dropped the bombshell that he would in fact be on holiday next week so plans had to shift into high gear to do some fast rearranging. It was decided (by whom...not me?) that we'd surprise him tonight instead. After asking on numerous occasions what I could bring in, being somewhat klimited by the fact that I cycle to work, I suggested that I fetch crisps and savours and such as these wouldn't be too heavy or bulky to bring on the bike.


Deb forgot all about this and had to rush to the shops for goodies when I woke and asked her if she'd bought the stuff...dipstick. She got enough crisp and savouries to feed the Five Thousand and I anticipated that everyone else was also going to come with more than they could eat. Undoubtedly this would mean that muggins would eb cycling home with more food than I'd brought and that indeed was how it turned out.

I cycled in bike loaded and managed to make it without falling off.

I was right, everyone had brought far too much and there was no way it would all get eaten. I paid Hasmuhk some money toward the cost a bottle of Champagne he’d bought for JDM.

The others had bought him some nice gifts, leather bound filofax, he likes to write things down, and a Segway adventure day.

We ate what we could and as usual I took home the remains; this turned out to be pointless because something had upset my stomach, I had the most painful cramps and the shits all morning when I got home, so not knowing what specifically had caused this none of us ate any of this food which eventually had to be thrown away. This was a shame as it all tasted wonderful but not wonderful enough to risk getting those cramps again.

No comments: