Wednesday 4 December 2013

Winstanley Wednesday : Come Dine With Me!

Tonight Deborah Nathaniel and I went for a meal at the Winstanley Arms (our local pub that was renovated 3 years aog so we thought we should finally check it out as Deb had heard good reports about the food there … Food!!! Use to be spit and sawdust and crisps) Hannah wasn’t with us as she was at scouts. Nat wasn’t supposed to be there either but Zack wasn’t well and so wasn’t going to rugby training so Nat didn’t have a lift. The food was excellent and I also bumped into Paul who I used to know when I was a regular there many years ago … it seems he’s still a fixture there. For someone with his own “handyman” business and a lot of kids he must be doing pretty well because I certainly can’t afford to drink in a pub infrequently let alone regularly. More power to his elbow whatever cos he’s a really nice guy.

No comments: