Friday 5 June 2009

Friday 5 June - Poem? JCB's Bye Bye, Digital Planet x 3, Cubs Sports, Cold & Work

Hickery Dickery Dock

The mouse ran up the clock

When the clock struck One

Down he would run;

Until I shot the little fucker's head off!

GET OFF MY LAND




Did you like the Poem? Me neither, don't know why it';s there really.

Good news, the JCB's have moved on, the workmen are still outside but they appear to have done all their excavating, for now, and are now working exclusively with silenced picks and shovels..hurray!! Hoping to get a good days sleep and I'm not to be disappointed, which is a shame vis a vis my catching up with my backlog of podcasts. The day went as follows:

Started playing the BBC World Service Digital Planet podcast - I have 4 I haven't listened too - fell asleep

woke up - piss - Started playing the BBC World Service Digital Planet podcast again -I still have 4 I haven't listened too - fell asleep


woke up - poo - Started playing the BBC World Service Digital Planet podcast again - I still have 4 I haven't listened too - fell asleep

I'm sure you get the picture!

I got up at 4.30, because Han's got her cubs sports day (?) this evening at Saffron Lane and we need to be there for 6pm. We had Bacon and Egg sandwiches for tea, yum then Deb took Han to the surgery to have her foot checked. It appears she may have a verruca on her toe. Bandaged it and got ready to go, we waited in the car for Donna's car to appear as she was going to follow us as she wasn't sure of the route. Off we went playing follow the leader.


6pm saffron lane, cold and wet, very disorganised.
Josh, Donna's son, entered the 800 meters and made a spirited attempt. He came last but he'd never run it before and at least he finished. he got a good cheer into the finish. He and Han did the 3 legged race, fell over unfortunately and came in at the tail end. By now we were all freezing and just waiting for it all to be over.

insert vids and pics

7.45 - over, cold wet to work

Got dropped off at work at 8pm and went in to warm up. I ended up chatting to Helen from Coalville, who apparently knows me but I don't recall how. She gave me the third degree and in 30 Min's she learned more about me that most people do in 30 yrs, I'm not sure how she did it... relentless unending questioning whilst applying electrodes to my genitalia if I remember correctly. My only defence is that I was cold and off my guard, she knows too much and will have to be dealt with!

Eventually the rest of the team arrived and I escaped my inquisitor. Quick buzz at 10 pm, gist..we're moving to another seating area starting next shift; we'll have to take our terminal with us as the new area has old fashioned monitors.

Sitting here typing this....enough for now.

No comments: