Friday 5 June 2009

Thursday 4 June - GM.TV Mobiles, No Sleep (again) Today & EA tonight

GM.TV - Lorraine Kelly had a feature on mobile phones and had John Bentley, from the Gadget Show, as her guest expert. I do like John, he's like an excitable puppy who's utterly enamoured with everything that's going on around him, especially if it involves tech. The item itself was very brief and very basic but it was still good, just because JB was a part of it.

The diggers are still outside, so once again I'm gonna get no sleep, noisy bastards. If I go postal it's their f**king fault; they've been warned, if only in my mind!

Just before going upstairs to try and get a little sleep I got a call from Littlewoods stores concerning Han's broken bed. The scouse gentleman on the other end informed me that they were sending a repair kit and that it would arrive in a few days. I thought they were picking it up in order to deposit in on a scrape heap but I was to tired to argue the toss. What is it about the Liverpool accent that gets up my nose? The chap was perfectly polite etc but his accent was like a knife being jabbed in my gut, it annoyed the hell out of me. I think it's because i tend to agree with the opinion of Liverpudlians that Boris Johnson was forced to apologise for. It's always worse for them, they always grieve more, suffer more feel more. What a irritating bunch of tossers they are. Sorry, I can't help it, I know it's unfair but that accent, to me it's like a red rag to a bull. Sorry!

Anyway, my attempts to get some sleep were futile; got up at about 5:30 more tired than I had been when I went to bed.

Logistics, tonight we've got to vote get the kids to judo and Deb's got to drop me off at work, kids got changed while I got ready for work. We drove to school and voted there, Han made me vote for the Greens in the Euro elections, drove to Judo dropped off the kids, deb took me to work then went back to pick up Nat and Han...Sorted!

I told John that I was knackered, because of the JCB's keeping me awake and asked if I could be excused from doing either EA or manuals for a few days as I might fall asleep whilst doing them, Therefore, he put me on EA (emergency assistance) because it wasn't busy tonight; I hoped he would be proved right, re gas he was but electric jobs were more numerous that I can remember them being for a long time. They are also the most awkward to issue so I had a fun night...not!

Some of the team ordered in takeaways and Prashants gave me the remains of the Chicken Tikka Jalfrazi he'd ordered and couldn't finish - Yum buggered bottoms Yummy; as a gay bum buggering friend might say.

Things eased off but there were major problems with the phones: they were routing engineer call backs straight to voice mail and so we were missing a lot of these calls. The messages the engineers were leaving were, in many instants, virtually incomprehensible so we were unable to phone a number of the back.

Despite all of the above managed to get it all done and I left at 7.30am.

No comments: