Sunday 21 June 2009

Saturday 20 June - Parcel, Snotty letter, the allotment, some sleep, phones and photos, work, curry night.

Finished work at 7.30 and was picked up by Deb. She’d been to the GPO on her way to fetch me and had collected my returned N95. She’d opened the parcel and been unimpressed to fine that the phone wasn’t secured in the box and that the slider had come open in transit (we sent it back wrapped in bubble wrap). We resolved to write to 3 when we got home. We drafted a rather stern email (see below) and pressed send. Let us see what they have to say for themselves. Either way, I’m not up-grading in Sept. I’ve got my N82 Deb’s got my N95, Nat’s getting her N73 and we’ll look out for a 3G phone for Han. After that we’ll all be pay as you go and we’ll spend virtually nothing on mobile calls.

It was 9:00am by now and the kids finally made an appearance. After they were dressed we decamped for the allotment to get some final digging done. We were there from 9:15 to 10:45 approximately and I managed to get the digging done whilst Deb Han and Nat raked and cleared the already dug areas. Nat put up some Bamboo wigwams and he Deb and Han planted some squashes. We had a chat with a fellow allotmentaire (Terry I think) who gave us a lettuce.



We were home for 11:00; Deb took the kids to McDonalds for breakfast while I had a beer watched the Big Brother eviction and generally Chillaxed. I went to bed at about 12:00; I put on Bill Bryson’s Short History of Nearly Everything and proceeded to drift in and out of sleep through the rest of the afternoon.

Got up at around 4:45 and showered. I decided to download the photos from our phones to Nat’s PC, my PCs bust at the moment, intending to then upload them via pixel-pipes, to the internet. Nat’s PC was once again full of retained games files and the operating system was out of disk space. It took me about an hour to sort this all out and I eventually started in on the photos and videos.

This proved to be another long job and I left for work at around 8:15 leaving photos still uploading.

At work, after everything calmed down, I sort photos and tagged and embedded to this Blog. I’ve still got quite a few left to do; during this time we had curry night, my god, Prash brought a chill box full of booze, including sprits, whilst I forgot all about tonight’s plans and only finally remembered on my way out of the door. I hastily grabbed some of my cheap beers from the fridge, I had meant to ask Deb to get some when she was out but by the time we’d written to 3 and been to the allotment I’d completely forgotten about it. TWAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s now approx 3:00 a.m. and I’m about to do some writing up so bye for now.

No comments: