Wednesday 3 June 2009

Wednesday 3 June - No ZZZZZZZ, JCB's, Podcasts & Work.

Back to work tonight, after 12 days off, I really should try to get some sleep this afternoon but that's not going to happen.
I was correct to be wary of the massed JCB's the other day, they started digging up the road in front of our house this morning and there's no sign of them stopping anytime soon.
Judging by the various sundry vehicles from different utility companies it appears that every one's going to do any necessary work whilst the road's up.
Now this course of action makes a great deal of sense, in terms of minimising total disruption, but it bodes ill for my attempts to sleep during the day at least for the rest of this week.
I'm sure gonna be one tired puppy by the time Friday comes around, please God don't tell me that they'll be working through the weekend!

insert photos

I did go to bed and tried to circumvent the problem by putting earphones on and playing podcasts. This strategy was partially successful, it blocked out the noise of the engines, but every time the digger dropped it's shovel to compact the earth around the hole it was excavating the shock caused the house to shake and this would wake me up.

I went to work not too worse for ware but dreading the next day when I really would need to get a good days sleep.

No comments: