Friday 19 June 2009

Monday 15 - Friday 19 June

No recollection of Monday, slept most of the day then stayed up all night watching TV, on PC or reading. Bed at about 5am so slept through most of Tuesday morning until I was woken by a call from the 3 network regarding the ongoing repair to my N95. I had sent it in to them to have a couple of repairs done before the warranty ran out in Sept. The volume rocker switch was broken, the catch holding the battery cover in place had come away and the hands free cable only had sound through one channel. I was advised that the repair engineers had taken the phone apart and discovered early stage water damage to the internal electronics and that this wasn’t covered under the warranty and that therefore the repair would cost me £75. “Thank you for telling me this” I said, “but I’ll pass on that, can you just repair the things I’ve told you about”? “Sorry sir, we can’t, we have to make a full repair or do nothing”. “Do nothing “I said, “certainly sir”, she replied that’ll will be £20”. “Fuck” I said!

The rest of the day I spent reminding myself how good 3 had been up to this point, I’ve been with them as a satisfied customer since Sept 2006, and why I would be stupid to leave them. In the end I decided I would remain with them, Deb could have the N95 Nat could have the N73 I’d look for a 3G phone for Han, on eBay, and I’d go PAYG on my N82 in Sept and save the approx £25pm I’d no longer be paying 3 to buy an iPod touch. From everything I’ve read, an N82 combined with an iPod touch is the perfect 2 device compromise as each device is strong where the other is weak.

Once again, stayed up late, one day Deb and I will go to bed at the same time, reading etc. I finally went to bed at about 3am as I had to be up early for a dental appointment that morning. Got up for 8am and waited until it was time to go, got to the dentist for 9.20 and was in the chair being injected with novacaine by 9.30. Sent to the waiting room until my face had gone completely numb then returned to have 2!!! Wisdom teeth removed. Mr Knight, my dentist, is incredibly quick; he had the upper tooth out in about 10 seconds and scarcely took longer with the lower. I was promptly dispatched homeward with instructions to eat and drink nothing for 4 hours. Once at home I sat and prepared to suffer for the next 4 hours, luckily I promptly fell asleep and woke 5 hours later….hurray!

Once again, stayed up late reading etc and didn’t get to bed until about 5am and once again another morning passed as I was cradled in the arms of Morpheus (this has to change). That evening we all went to judo at Winstanley School, the exhibition that the kids put on last week had borne fruit, there were two new children on the mat and a couple more had come to take a further look. Let’s hope these newbie’s keep coming as we’re very short of kids in the 8 – 12 range.

Again, up late, slept until 3pm Friday. The kids brought home their school reports for the year and both were excellent - insert photo of docs. I cooked dinner, the went to work for 8pm. Wrote this tonight.

No comments: