Tuesday 19 January 2010

Monday 18, Tuesday 19 Jan - Not A Lot

Been home both days as there's still no money in my account...this is becoming a fucking joke! I wish I'd had my hip done because at the moment I'm effectively housebound anyway. So, just like Sunday, I watched TV*, read "Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction and slept. Han's sleeping with Deb at present which means I'm sleeping downstairs on the sofa and it's more a case of cat napping rather than getting a proper measure of sleep. I'm so glad I suggested to Deb that she get me the Adrian Mole books for Xmas (she actually bought them for Nat for reasons unknown) because they are absolutely superb. I enjoyed reading the original 2 books 20 years ago but I didn't know that Sue Townsend had written sequels. I aspire to write as well as Adrian does.

I was hoping to attend the "Skeptics in the Pub" meeting this evening but this is  unlikely to happen if the money still isn't hit my account. I'm not going with just a tenner; if I do I can guarantee I'll get asked to go on somewhere and have to decline because of lack of funds. It's embarrassing enough that I never have any money at work; no one bothers, any more, even to ask me if I want to contribute when they order in a take-away.

In awhile, I'm going to cycle up to an ATM at ASDA to check if there's cash in my account yet. I would have borrowed some cash from Han's purse but it seems that she's move it. I feel as if I don't actually live I simple exist between night shifts. I'd be happy to be able to even afford to catch a bus into town and window shop!

More later.....





* I managed to catch up on a few things and watched the remaining episodes of Defying Gravity, such a shame it's been discontinued, so many unanswered questions!

No comments: