Sunday 31 January 2010

Sunday 31 Jan - Back too Work, Another Month Gone By, Another Week Wasted!

No blogs last week cos nothing happened, unless you count the return of depression, drinking too much, fighting with Deb and alienating the Kids. Other than that not a thing. Except, on the spur of the moment, I went into Town on Friday (or was it Thursday) . I used to enjoy doing this when I was a student (oh so long ago). I'd visit all the bookshops ; virtually every Saturday I'd walk into Town, we lived near Victoria park at the time so it wasn't far and it was part of the experience and do the weekly round. I only had to walk into W H Smiths, for example, and glance around to spot all the new titles, I was that familiar with all the layouts and stock. I visited Smiths this week; what a difference I didn't have a clue who most of the authors were or what was where. So I had a couple of pints in The Highcross, after spending time in the Apple Store (which seems to have taken the place of bookshops in my affections), then walked some of the way home. Gave up and caught the bus when my good hip became too painful. It's remained painful for days now, along with the knee in my bad leg. I'm sure there's something wrong with the original replacement. I've spoken to a number of people who've had this Operation and they all report a lack of pain in the replaced hip. The replacement was done 14 months ago this coming Wednesday; it shouldn't be hurting now! I've got an appointment to see the Doctor on the 19 Feb even if he gives the go ahead for the Operation by the time its scheduled we'll be into March. this will mean of course that I probably won't be sufficiently recovered by early April when we're all supposed to be going to The Gadget Show Live at the NEC. So, I'll probably spend the day at home while Deb takes the Kids to the NEC to enjoy MY birthday present.


I went back to work tonight, after two days "holiday" (too painful to sleep so too knackered to go to work); as I mentioned last week it's quietened down a lot now that the weather's back to normal. I seem to be the only one sitting in this area of the bank now so I can't say that I indulged in any sustained conversations. Spent much of the night looking at weird photos on the web whilst catching up with the backlog of Google Reader articles. Still can't log into Gmail at work I must check mail when i get home, with my luck I'll have won all the competitions I've entered only to be disqualified for not responding to the emails advising me of these facts. That5's me, the glass is always half empty!

No comments: