Friday 30 April 2010

Friday 30 April - Last Night 4 Now

Watched rest of Flashforward episode this AM on return from work (fell asleep during episode the night before) but resisted the temptation to watch the next. So after my morning dose of the great JK show I departed for my bed. Slept intermittently as usual and woke at 6:00 PM unrefreshed. Deb left immediately to pick up Nat and his mates from the Vue where they’d gone to see Ironman 2, leaving me to cook tea. I cooked the spaghetti but left the rest until they were home, Deb had left the meatballs on the work surface and it appears that Monty has finally twigged how to get things off of it because when she returned, shortly later, half of them had gone. So we had spaghetti with a wartime portion of meatballs for tea...bastard dog!


It’ll be my last night at work tonight for probably the next two or so months as I’m finally getting my hip replacement next Wednesday. It was frantic at work you’d have thought it was winter again; I think the company may have switched to the summer manning rotas a little early! Frighteningly, my mobile rang, I rarely get calls on it, and I rushed outside to answer it expecting the worse. It was Nat asking what email he had used to register with X-Box; he and Deb were trying to sign him up for a year’s membership before his months free trail ran out tomorrow. Gave them the needed info and later phoned to check they’d done what they wanted. What a joke Nat can’t renew his membership with his existing name because the system says that name is already taken…of course it’s taken it’s his name you stupid system. It’ll be a shame if he can’t use UBUMMER because he’s told all his friends that it’s his online name and they search for it to see if he’s online. Microsoft you really do deserve the bad name you so often get…You Gits!

It continued to be as busy as buggery until well after midnight but finally toward 1:00 things began to slow down. I took the opportunity to fill in this and next week’s holiday and sick leave forms. I must remember to send JDM an email, to let him know where I’ve left my lottery money, before I leave in the morning.

Having been impressed by other peoples efforts I decided to try and come up with a tweet exactly 140 characters long using as many election hashtags as I could fit in and still make sense; I’m very please with the following tweet:-

“#thesun #fakecleggheadlines says it’s #nickcleggsfault that #DavidCameronIsACunt. #nickclegg in #leadersdebate, says no he’s a selfmade man! “

Six, count them, hashtags and it makes sense and it’s exactly 140 characters…I rule!!!! I also added the following question and answer, again 140 characters:-

“What do call, a young, geographically astute American civilian, with a passport, who can find Afghanistan on a map? A wannabe drug smuggler.”

I’m about to see if I can come up with anymore, I use twitter fairly infrequently but when I do I tend to get the bit between my teeth and endeavour to create as many as I can. My rule is though that they have to be exactly 140 characters. I’ll do shorter for genuine communication but not for these. Here goes on a couple more:-

If #DavidCameronIsACunt and #iagreewithnick that he may be, does that mean that The Slitheen have the same sexual organs as normal ladies?

#DavidCameronIsACunt and it isn’t #nickcleggsfault; is it because he’s the result of an experiment mixing the worst #Blair + #Murdoch genes!

I've just turned round in my seat to find the entire team assembled behind me; they've got me a brilliant card wishing me well for my coming op...what a smashing bunch they all are. I never expected anything like this it never even crossed my mind. Thanks everyone.

Just two and a half hours left!

No comments: