Thursday 15 April 2010

Wednesday 14 + Thursday 15 April

Wednesday:

Someone was sitting at my desk when I came in so i had to log on elsewhere, this is getting to be a pain because every time you have to use a new PC station you have to reinstall all your applications, this is a long-winded pain in the arse.
We had a training course at nine, scheduled for two hours, covering the new products the company is now offering under the auspices of the F.S.O. Nothing of any great relevance to our team because we work over night without data systems so we can't set these thing up anyway. Luckily I asked John who was doing EA and man's at 10;15 because he's forgotten that under the summer rota we now take these over at 10:30 rather than 11:00. Guess who found out he was on manuals. Passed test at end 100% left and logged on to new Pc. Julie W. was on EA. We worked together to clear EA until 1:30 when I left her to carry on alone so that I could start on the manuals.

Thursday:

Home, 7:45, Nat had already left for school on his new bike in order to get there in time for the breakfast club. After Deb and Han had left I nearly dropped off to sleep but toughed it out so that I could catch up on some of the backlog of TV we have recorded, we're running out of disk space! I watched 8 episodes of Heroes back to back and this was probably why I was able to understand what was going on. No wonder Americans are falling out of love with this series; the plot is becoming very involved with everyone being something other than what they appear to be. Come on, you Yanks, it just requires a little concentration and thought, I promise you it's worth it, it's a really good story when you realise what's going on.

Last night was an historical night; for the first time in UK election history the leaders of the three main political parties will debate each other live on TV. I only managed to stay awake for the first half an hour at which point tiredness caught up with me and I fell asleep. for anyone who missed it the full video is embedded below.

I'll have to watch it in full tomorrow!!


PS
Oh Yeah, I almost forgot, for the FIRST TIME EVER every aeroplane in the UK (with a few exceptions for emergencies) has been grounded because of the Icelandic volcano. The ash spewed out by this eruption is spreading across Europe at an hight of approx 30,000 feet which is the hight that airliners fly at. If the ash gets into the engines it cools and solidifies and stops the engines from functioning. After that it's all downhill and it doesn't get any better after that. There are twats at airports complaining about the delay. |Put them on a plane with a pilot who's terminally ill and let them experience the reasons for the grounding first hand. hopefully they won't have bred, they'll win a Darwin and the gene pool will benefit immensely!!!!!!

No comments: