Tuesday 6 April 2010

Monday 5 April - New (to us) PC Woes, Large Hammer, Yoono, the Bilderberg Group, Freemasonry, The Mafia, Skull and Bones, The Illuminati, New World Order, Poisoning, Vaccines and No Sat-Nav, Distracted Driver, Conspiracy, As a Catholic

What a morning; four hours working out why Alf's (Deb's Dad) former PC would load up on screen and then once loaded why the screen would then go to sleep. If I had any hair left I would have torn it out. Luckily,
perseverence,

an undying love for Queen and Country

and a Large hammer

prevailed...

By the time I finally went to bed (12:30) it was all working properly, running smoothly and was generally tickettyboo. By the time I came back down stairs, after a few short hours of badly disturbed sleep (q: Violins) it was properly bollixed, yet again... thank you so so so much Wambee…You Bummer!

Short Story Long...

Alf has decided to upgrade to Windows 7 BUT doesn’t want the hassle of upgrading and existing XP system. So he’s decided to get a new computer, Terry – a relative, builds them (he built the one we’re getting too so I ‘m not sure what the complete spec is) so he offered us his current PC. Now, since our current PC is getting a bit long in the tooth (4yrs – that’s ancient in PC terms) and, in addition, because I’ve had to run Ubuntu Linux, which she hates, on it for the last 12 months after Windows decided to go tits up on us, Deb decided to jump at the opportunity to replace it.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Deb and the kids visited her parents yesterday and returned with the aforementioned PC ensconced in the boot of the car (inside the trunk of the auto for the many Americans who will be reading this…one day when I’m famous for…something?)
I’d already attempted, briefly, to get the thing on line the previous night but had run into the aforementioned problem. Today was going to be different; today this uppity PC would be taught who the master was and who the serf, in this household, was…hence the Large Hammer (as recommended in "The Mafia Guide to PC Repair")!

Eventually I was able to access the PC in safe mode but could not establish an internet connection. I tried again in safe mode with network access and this, finally, got me on line. Further investigation revealed that Alf had removed a large amount of software before passing the PC on to us. I suspected that he may have accidentally deleted an essential component so decide to see if restoring the PC to an earlier date would solve the problem…It Did and we were hot to trot. Unfortunately, I had already installed some software whilst in safe mode, Chrome and Firefox and a number of other programs. Of course these now vanished and this meant that I had to reinstall them. Eventually, we were fully up and running and I could think about going to bed. Whilst installing Firefox I did come across a particularly useful extension call Yoono (http://yoono.com/). This is a free software extension that allows you to connect and share with all your social networks and instant messaging services in one place. I set this up for My, Deb and Han’s Facebook accounts and mine and Han’s Twitter accounts. It’s a super little extension that allows you to use multiple accounts in a browser side panel. I highly recommend this to frequent users of these and other social networks. In fact, so good is it, I installed it on Han’s netbook as well before I went to bed. In addition I downloaded and installed Nokia’s Ovi suite but was still unable to upgrade the version of Nokia Maps on my N82. I kept getting the message that the mapping software on the phone itself was corrupt; so getting cheap (£7.00 per annum) Ovi maps with free lifetime voice navigation continues to remains a distant dream.

It’s all a sinister plot to force me to upgrade my phone I tells you! I recon that it’s all a conspiracy hatched by the Bilderberg Group,  Freemasonary, the Mafia, Skull and Bones and,last but not least, The Illuminati at their last clandestine meeting. This was where they further advanced their plans for the New World Order, the poisoning of vaccines and, in addition, decided to screw ex-pat Welsh men out of free Sat-Nav! While I’ve got no great issues with items one and two, some sinister group’s got to call the shots, I recon they’re a complete bunch of shits to discriminate against me like this! Where’s Baloney Flair when you need him; probably being paid shed loads of cash to talk to these very people most likely. Let them beware of our wrath; the Secret Anti-Conspiracy League of Vengeance (of which I’m most definitely not a member, wink, wink) will avenge me! Let these secret overloads fear our conspiratorial vengeance!!!

But I digress, eventually I made it too bed at, as I said, approximately 12:30 and enjoyed 5 hours or so of restless disturbed semi-slumber. Woke refreshed (NOT) at 6:00 and discovered the previously mentioned Wambee incident. Repaired the damage, had tea and went to work

On the way to work we were nearly run into by a young girl who pulled straight out from a mini roundabout and narrowlly missed ploughing into the side of our car. She appeared to be too busty busy talking to her friend to be bothered to see whether there was any other traffic coming toward her before she pulled out. Deb thought she was just a distracted accident waiting to happen but I suspect that one of the previously mentioned groups may have discovered what I know and that this was an attempt, by them, to put the frighteners on me. Fear not; they shall not succeed, nothing, other than a very large bribe, will prevent me from revealing, to the whole World, their evil Sat-Nav related plans!




Cartoon courtesy of Atheist Cartoons a rather terrific Site all non-believers should check out. The cartoons are meaningful, though provoking and above all funny.

No comments: