Saturday 3 April 2010

Saturday 3 April - Return to the Allotment, Games Workshop, Futurama, Work, Doctor Who



Deb and I finally managed to visit the allotment this morning for the first time this year. The weathers been so shitty these last few months that whenever we've had the opportunity to go there the weathers prevented it. We dug up the remaining parsnips and leaks and Deb planted some shallots. I had the fun job of washing the mud off the veg in the water tank; my hands are beginning to experience a partial return of sensation as I attempt to type this! Because of the weather there's an awful lot of work that needs to be done; the plots overgrown and we're going to have to clear it, again, before we can start serious planting. Hopefully, I'll be able to go up there over the next few weekends, before my operation renders me immobile for two months, and help Deb get some of the donkey work done. I think that this year, like last, we'll do what we can and next year, by which time hopefully I'll be fully mobile, we can try and bring the whole plot under cultivation. By then, again hopefully, Nat will be big enough and old enough to make a real contribution toward helping with this work.

Just as we arrived home Nat was getting into Sam's parents car and departing for, yet another day at, the Games Workshop, unbelievably Han was up and out of bed and watching Futurama when we got in ... it was only 10:30 and she was UP!!!!! She and Deb are off to the Garden Centre shortly and I'm for bed as I'm back at work this evening. It seems as if it's going to be a nice day today so hopefully we'll have a quite night, after the hassles of the two previous weekends it'll be nice if it is. Please God let it be that IT have finished with their badly planned updates!

I finally watched the last two episodes of Doctor Who with David Tenant as The Doctor this morning in anticipation of the new series that starts tonight. I know it sounds ridiculous but I'll miss him as the Doctor. Anyway, it's time to give the new chap a chance; the few previews that the BBC have shown look pretty good.

No comments: