Thursday 16 December 2010

Draft :

Thursday 16/12


Slept badly and was really pissed off when, after they got home, the kids, Hannah in particular, kept waking me up when I did manage to drift off. Got up just after 5PM but felt so sick with tiredness that I wasn’t able to eat dinner and gave it to the kids to share. Left for work shortly after 7PM; couldn’t find m y bicycle light, don’t say I lost it this morning, and when I tried to use the brakes and gears these were frozen up. Managed to free the back brake but was left with 2 gears and only front brake and no light on icy pavements. For some reason it took me longer than normal to get to work, can’t imagine why. I’m afraid I may have to take the bike into the shop as it looks as if the brake and gear cables have actually been damaged.

Well got there, eventually, and come 8pm there was no sign of JDM and nothing was said about his absence, then, so I later sent him a text to check everything was OK only to get his reply saying that he’d been suspended.

A little later Prash asked me to text him asking if was OK, which I did, and later still we were “advised of the situation” to wit, told sod all! I told everyone last week that the proposed changes to working routines were fraught with problems and were going to cause great upset; I’m sorry to have to say that it appears that I wasn’t wrong! Joined Up Thinking; Why Is It So Rare? Now is the time for all good men (persons) to keep their fucking heads below the parapet!

No comments: