Saturday 18 December 2010

Thursday/Friday: Another Horrendous Night on EA

Once more SNOW and ICE cause the UK to grind to a halt and yet again we are inundated with calls. Tonight was especially bad, still no JDM plus C, Jen and JB ill and D's baby in hospital, so that's five down to start with or half our complement of staff. In addition H asked me to do EA and it was a nightmare and to think only last week I was certain I'd never be doing it again after all that was one of the reasons why I choose to stay a part of our existing team.  We didn't stop, from 21:00, when we took over, to 03:00 it was non stop. The only break I got was when I went outside to clear my head and inadvertantly left my pass on the desk. Quick trip round the outside of the building looking for someone to let me back in! Bh and Prash stayed on with me until just after 03:00 but after that I was on my own and it was still busy. Finally noticed a text from one of our missing members and made a note to call them when I got home. It's now 05:52 I finish at 07:00 and I've yet to take my lunch or any other breaks. Oh well, it's our last night tonight and much as I'd like the overtime cash I don't think I'll be coming back in again untill we start again on Thursday. Apart from anything else I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with Hannah's cold now. Can't stop coughing, and hurt all over, especiall my right arm. The old RSI seems to be playing up again I'd best start stretching the long latex bands again asap.

No comments: