Wednesday 1 December 2010

Tummy Bug, Poopy Pants, Money Money Money, Onederful

I’d had an upset stomach all weekend and couldn’t stop farting and going to the loo. Things only got worse as each day passed and by Wednesday I was shitting myself whenever I coughed or sneezed and felt as if I was going to throw up at any moment.


I continued to experience these symptoms for the remained of the week and had to take Wednesday and Thursday as sick leave. The horrible thing is that I’m not sure that I had the full blown vomit bug that’s doing the rounds and clearing schools and work places. If I haven’t then I remain as at risk as anyone else of doing so! If that happens I’m afraid it’ll be nappies (diapers if you’re an American reader) to work as I can’t afford to take anymore time off.

I think the very best thing about winning a huge amount of money, on the lottery or some other way, would not be the facility to spend enormous sums of money but rather the sense of relief that would accompany the resultant freedom; especially freedom from obligations imposed upon one because of the necessity of remaining in employment! One might choose to continue to work but one would not be obliged to. If one felt like taking a day off there would be nothing and no one to stop one; additionally it would allow one to describe oneself as one in one’s writings as one has just done…and of course, that’s just Onederful!!!

No comments: