Wednesday 1 December 2010

Monday 29 Nov / Tuesday 30 Nov

Tonight our team was due to start our own four day stint and it wasn’t a delightful prospect. The weather continued to worsen all across the UK and people were desperately trying to get through to us. Slept most of the day, between trips to the toilet as my tummy got worse and worse. The night was as bad as expected and I was looking forward to the  the fact that I’d booked the following night off as a holiday. I had a Governors meeting to attend and afterward we were supposed to be going out for a meal at the left bank restaurant.
The night finally came to an end and I came home happy in the knowledge that I wouldn’t be back for at least 36 hours. My tummy got worse. The school called to say that the meeting was still on but the meal had been cancelled because of the weather conditions.
The meeting was fairly brief, in the main due to the new chairpersons professional skills; Nick’s involved in local politics and works in local Government so he’s well verse in moving things along. We were done for 6:00 and I walked home with one of the new parent Governors Simon, a teacher at a secondary school who’d attended his first meeting that evening. I think he lives around the corner on the new estate but as usual I didn’t ask. You can take the boy out of the close knit Welsh village community where he hated the lack of privacy but you can’t take that hatred out of the boy. I go out of my way not to ask people about themselves.
As the evening went by…my stomach got worse; by the following morning I had the full blown bug and very sneeze or cough was accompanied by an expulsion of material from my lower parts. I very much doubt we’ll ever manage to get those pants clean again!
I did, I’ve just recalled, manage to take a few photos of the snow covered canal as I cycled home but they have come out incredibly dark. I thought the area was very bright, because of all the snow, but the pictures tell an entirely different story. Take a look for yourselves:




No comments: