Monday 30 March 2009

SH*T - It's the Shed!!!!!!!!!!

"Now Dear, don't forget, the shed's being delivered to the allotment today, the nice man said he'll get the drivers to call you 30 min's before they arrive so that you can meet them there and would you like a sandwich?". Which is what my wife said to me but not the way she said it - she doesn't call me dear, she isn't Bill Bryson's mother and she never offered to make me a sandwich.

09:50 (CTU ringtone from Hit TV series 24)

"Hello"

"blar blar"

"Sorry, didn't catch what you said. Is that the guy with the shed"?

"Yes mate, we're at the gates (of the allotment) with your shed"

"Sh*t Fu*k Boll*cks etc I thought you were going to call ahead so I could meet you there"

"No one told us mate"

"OK I'll be with you ASAP but I've got to cycle there and I've recently had my hip replaced so I could be 20 mins (Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t) or so".

"Alright mate we'll go get a paper"

Why Oh Why does this always happen, I'd been assured that I'd get a call, Christ, my bike's brakes are virtually non-existent (note to self - take it to the bike shop) so I'm going to have to peddle like hell on a main road, with no real means of rapid deceleration available to me, if I'm to get there anytime soon. Problems mate?

Shedloads mate!


The ride was everything I was afraid it would be, BUT, I got there in 10 Mins and the guys from Garden and Leisure were a really pleasant couple of blokes who unloaded everything and took it all the way to the back of the allotment for me.

Here's what all the fuss is about:-



Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this at the moment, more a pile of bits awaiting assembly.

Have fun kids, you're about to learn you the real meaning of "management supervision"
(note to self - take enough supervising beers)!



After all I've got a serious investment here that needs to be properly nurtured!!

No comments: