Monday 30 March 2009

I've Installed Ubuntu

Finally, after God knows how many false starts, I've got Ubuntu on the hard drive and by god it's fast. No lose of Internet connection, as we've been experiencing with XP, and as I said it's bloody fast - about 3 secs from clicking a YouTube link to the video starting to play!

However, I can't find one of the hard drives and I had to restore Windows, in safe mode. because I somehow managed to delete one of the root files and couldn't load XP normally.

Restoration appears to have solved that problem. I might find that I've lost some data but given how much better this seems to run and how much more secure it is than Windows that might be a small price to pay.

So Hurray For



UBUNTU

By the way; did I mention that it's
FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE


Ubnutu - It's African for - "Bugger Off Bill Gates I'm not giving you anymore money - Na Na Na Na Na."

No comments: