Wednesday 25 March 2009

Wed 03:19 AM - Odd Calls

I've just taken a call from someone returning a message left on their answer machine earlier yesterday. What made her think that the person who had left that message was still at work now!!!

Prior to this I spoke to a lady who was so busy panicking that she wouldn't actually listen to anything I was saying to her. Eventually after 10 minutes I solved her problem, (7 Min's later than I would have if she'd initially listened to what I was trying to say to her) if she didn't want my advice then why on earth did she phone?

It's very strange, we always get these calls at this time of the morning,

(the 3am weirdo's)



what makes it doubly odd is that I thought that this was the time of the day when the body was at it's lowest ebb and that if people were NOT going to be awakened by strange noises then this would be the time when they weren't - if that makes sense.

So what happened on Tuesday?

Home as normal yesterday morning looking forward to bed. Received a call just before I went up the stairs to Bedfordshire that nearly lead to a real mix up. The called asked to speak to my wife, I replied she was at work and could I be of assistance. It wasn't very easy to make out what the guy on the other end was saying but I did make out the word allotment and naturally assumed (made an ass out of you and me) that he was speaking about our existing allotment whereas he was calling about another site that Deb had made enquires of about 10 months ago. As you can imagine this lead to:

an hilarious half an hour of mutual incomprehension that caused us to eventually become locked into a viscous blood feud of cosmic proportions that effected the future of innumerable galaxies and lead to the resolution of all the great metaphysical questions that have plagued humanity since time immemorial

See How We Battled



Well no, not really, in fact we just ended up initially speaking at cross purposes with the caller wondering who and what it was I was referring to when I spoke about out existing plot. So you see, it's not just the people who call me who don't listen, I'm just as guilty!

The Plan : to bed to listen to the rest of the Economist mp3 on my Nokia N95.

The Result : to bed to fall asleep and not listen to the rest of the Economist mp3 on my Nokia N95.

Awoke knowing a lot less about the World economy than I though I would know about it before I went to sleep. Came to the conclusion that the Russian theory of sleep learning is in fact deeply flawed, although ironically, I had learned this fact whilst I was asleep!

When I say I awoke, I had actually woken up on a number of occasions already, in order to go to the loo. It was from this experience that I learned that it's not a good idea to drink

TOO MUCH BEER



before you go to bed. Perhaps, today, I’ll try it after I’ve gone to bed or even have some ready for when I wake up to go to the loo, killing two birds with one stone, and thus ensuring that the lost sleep time has not been wasted.

WHATS HAPPENING

Apple iMac 24in - 2009 Edition - Still the Best PC? Look and Lust Deb, you know you want one!

Terrifying plight of Afghan actress
And they want us to respect their religion of tolerance that persecutes no one and is God's will here on Earth - What a load of Rowlocks.

US boy wins smelly trainer glory
I think you'll find that he only won it because I didn't enter!!

Photos of Alaskan Volcano's Eruption

101 Great Free Sites and Downloads You’ve Probably Never Heard Of

No comments: