Wednesday 25 November 2009

Tuesday 24 Nov - Bicycle Boy, Governors Meeting and Meal

Yesterday morning Nat had an accident on his bike on the way to school. Ran into the back of Henri's bike and went over the handle bars. He called Deb who put the bike in the car and drove him the rest of the way. He managed to complete the day but looked quite drained when he got home, apparently he'd hurt his leg when he came off and it had been painful all day.

He Deb and Han left as soon as he was home to visit Deb's Mum and Dad in Redditch prior to Han's birthday. I stayed home as I had a Governors meeting in the evening.

The Governors meeting was supposed to be fairly brief as we were going out for our annual Xmas meal afterward. However there was one very important issue to be discussed which was the proposed closure of Holmfield Primary School. This is one of the five Primary schools in our area and it's closure is likely to have significant knock on effects to Millfield and the other three schools. It was agreed that we would oppose this decision and that as a first response a letter would be sent expressing our concern that this decision was being made on the basis of a 2 day Ofsted inspection carried out by a single inspector.

Afterward we went for a meal at the leftbank restaurant on Braunstone Gate.



Tracy gave Via and I a lift there and Carl drove us home at the end. The food was excellent and they were doing a special offer were you only paid for every other main course, so the overall price was very reasonable. I had home mad chicken liver and pork pate with Melba toast as a a starter and followed this with a Leak and Brie dish. While it was extremely nice I think next time I'll go with my first choice which was going to be the lamb. The only downside was the price of the beer. I bought  a pint of Heineken Export for myself and a pint of Budweiser for Carl and this came to £6.50!!!
The company was excellent and the conversation mixed and varied, I had a super evening. Maybe I'll bite the bad leg bullet and change my mind about missing our team's Xmas outing this year. Eventually arrives Home at about 10:45 where Han was in bed awake waiting for me to get home, so she could tell me about the huge purple parcel she's brought home from Redditch, whereas my injured little soldier was fast asleep. Stayed up to watch some TV, none of which I can recall, before falling asleep on the Sofa.
All in all not a bad day and far more active than is normal for me these days.

No comments: