Monday 22 February 2010

Bagel BLT, Podcasts, Bed, Donna, Work. And Re-date Nat’s Blogs

I didn’t get to bed until 4 AM and then I only slept until 9 AM because I woke up starving. I knew I needed more sleep because I’m back at work tonight. Decide to get up make some breakfast and then return to the lands of nod. I mention this only because I made two fantastic BLT Bagels for breakie; heated sliced bagel in toaster for one minute, then spread Philadelphia cheese on both half’s, then layered with tomato, lettuce and two slices of crispy fried bacon ate accompanied by Large Mug of Black Coffee - Bloody Gorgeous! I munched my way through these while watching the old JK show. What a shower of chavs today, Christ don’t these people have any idea about contraception and faithfulness? Is the baby my on off boy friends or his mates; the mate I shagged during one of our frequent break-ups? God help the poor little sods they keep producing. If JK’s still on the TV in 15 years these kids will be on the show for DNA tests too. Mrs Thatcher may have had to drag UK industry into the 20th century but in doing so she created an underclass that seems destined to be with us for the foreseeable future. Completely uneducated, asocial and drug dependant, basically everything you see on Shameless, but without the humour. It terrifies me that my kids will be bumping into these feral animals in town when they’re a little older.

Went back to bed around mid-day and updated my phones podcast menu, deleting old pods and subscribing to a few new ones. Finally got round to listening to the back episodes of The Pod Delusion and was impressed by their dedicated assault on homeopathy, I really wish I’d been able to take part in the 10:23 campaign; they held an overdose, on a homeopathy remedy, day outside of Boots the Chemist. Later, on the six o clock news it was announced that the Health Service is to hold an enquiry into the use of homeopathy in the NHS with a view to, eventually, withdrawing public funding for this bullshit; if the gullible, in the face of the evidence, wish to continue to waste their money so be it. As they say, “you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it think!”
Got up a little earlier than usual, 5:30, spoke briefly to my son, Nat “I live in my room where I live for gaming”, before he unceremoniously exiled me from his domain, then I went downstairs. Watched the news, see above, made my sandwiches and soup and had dinner, belly pork, salad and garlic bread, yum.
Deb’s Dad has been for the biopsy today but won’t know anything for a little while; for now all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Donna, suprize surprise, phoned to keep Deb up to date with the ongoing saga of her separation and pending divorce, it’s been three and a half years since he deserted her for her best friend so why the f**k is the guy still hassling her. I could understand if it were the other way round, there can be few greater betrayals that what he and that women did to her, but for the life of me I can’t understand why he seems to think that he’s the injured party. I suppose that’s what comes of being a sociopath you can ONLY see it from your point of view, in fact your point of view is the ONLY point of view. It would seem that when God* was handing out empathy at Tesco’s he was obviously queuing at Asda!
Anyway, Donna was really unwell today, she’s got serious problems with her pancreas and is in considerable pain most of the time, so she sent a taxi to pick up Sian and Nat from school, Nat had a visit, in class, from a yr 9 to inform him he would be being taken home in a cab. Later he proudly displayed the notice he’d received.
Eventually I left for work at about 7:45 arrived at 8:00. It’s been quite busy all night** so far but appears to be easing off now (00:05). Just checked Nat’s posts only to discover that he appears to think that it’s still January… Shall I amend them for him?

* no I don’t really believe in God it’s just a turn of phrase, I’m not that dumb if I was I’d believe in homeopathy wouldn’t I?
**Must be the cold snap but once more many areas already fully booked up for tomorrow.

No comments: