Friday 26 February 2010

Thursday 25 Feb - Mattress Day

A Hodge Podge of a day today; Han’s new mattress was due to be delivered a t some point today and I was advised, by Deb, that the delivery men would ring me before they arrived. This was so that I could go to bed. I stayed up until 11:00 AM on the off chance that they might be early but finally had to climb the stairs to Peterborough (geography was never my strong point) shortly after this. Listened to the Radio Five Pods and Blogs podcast but drifted in and out repeatedly so missed most of what was being said. Eventually I drifted off completely and being just was sleeping the appropriate kind of sleep. Around 1:15 PM my phone rang; I struggled back to consciousness just in time and low it was the deliver guys.

“Hello”

“Mr Bones?”

“Speaking”

“It’s the delivery guy here “

“Oh Hi delivery guy”

“Ya I just called to let you know I’ll be there in about an hour”

“An Hour”! (WTF!!!!!???). “Fine, I wonder, delivery guy, could you do me a favour”

“Sure, if I can, what you want?”

“I work nights and I’m in bed at the moment do you think you could call me again nearer the time just in case I fall asleep” “

“Of course, I’ll see you shortly”

“Thanks (and don’t call me shortly)”!

I was, almost, sleeping when; again, 30 minutes later….my phone rang;

“Hi Mr Bones, it’s the delivery guy I’ll be with you in about 30 minutes”

“Cheers, thanks a lot (WTF!!!)”

I got up as there was no point in trying to get back to sleep…..again!!!!!!!!!

About 30 minutes later the Mattress arrived, the delivery guy kindly dropped it off in the main room and then at around 2:30, I went back to bed.

3:30 PM either there’s an elephant stampede down stairs or Han’s home (Nat’s playing rugby for the school over at the Syston festival – our teams did well good, see Nat’s entry for today). I plugged in my headphones put on a podcast and tried to get back to sleep.

4:30 PM Deb wakes me to remind me that we are supposed to be seeing Han’s teacher at 5:20. I managed to stagger out of bed but I was dog tied. I asked Han if she would mind if I give this one a miss (1st time ever); She said it would be OK so, once more, I collapsed back on to the bed and tried to get some sleep.

6:10 Nat wakes me,

6:20 Nat wakes me,

6:30 Nat wakes me;

I finally manage to get out of bed and follow him downstairs.

Deb’s been to the chip shop and she’s got me a chicken kebab for my dinner; Luvvvvvvly!

In the mail today I received a letter from the General Hospital informing me that I was now on the official waiting list for my hip replacement. I have to ring them tomorrow to advise when I’ll be available to go in. In view of what’s happening, Deb’s Dad, The Gadget Show Live and the upcoming Easter Holidays Deb and I agreed that I’d best ask them not to call me in until after Easter. Additionally, I‘ll be convalescing during the summer and, the weather permitting, will have more of a chance to get out and exercise my muscles back to fully functionality.

It’s been incredibly busy tonight, given that the weather’s fairly mild, we didn’t stop taking call after call until about 1:00 AM and it’s now 05:47 and everyone’s taking a call as I type this; just waiting to take another; which I’ve just taken….God the Pressure I can’t take this anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: