Friday 5 February 2010

Friday 5 Feb - The Allotment Quiz Night.

We have just got home from the Allotment Society Quiz Night held at the local civic centre. We had a really good time, apart from the kids demolishing the coke and crisp, we had brought, within the first hour of getting there. When we got there we were told to get a table and that George and Co would funnel over too us anyone that wasn't already in a team. So much for that idea. No one without an already agreed team  turned up so whilst most teams were made up of between 6-8 players Deb and I were left by ourselves with just the kids for help. Given that, and that the first set of questions were about 1950's Leicester we didn't do too bad. There was a winner, 4 runners up another team and then us. We beat at least half of the other teams and came within 8 points of the winners, whose team had EIGHT MEMBERS! So honour was not lost and therefore the sacrifice of one of my children can be delayed for yet another day.

At the end I told George that I'd design a website for the society so I guess I've committed myself there. I twittered the quiz a few ytimes and the one about Han wanting to win the raffle and then doing so is quite amazing. I forgot to check if the predictive text was correct before pressing send with the following result..........


Them are drawing the saddle and Hans desperate to who. Doesnt look like its going to happen. Wrong she just WON !

No comments: