Thursday 25 February 2010

The Saga of Julie's Phone

It’s been a fun night of phone discovery; Julie W has a new phone and she didn’t know how to open it up to insert the SIM card. It’s a Nokia 5300 Music Express and it must be the most difficult Nokia there is to open. Even after I downloaded the pdf manual it still took me about 10 attempts to get the back off of the bloody thing. I then inserted the SIM she’d given me and I couldn’t get it to accept it. Eventually I realised that the SIM was 6 months out of date. I discovered this after trying my spare SIM and getting a connection. Eventually, I removed the SIM from her old phone and used this. I then spent most of the rest of the evening setting it up for her but despite my best attempts I was not able to sync it to OVI on line. I have managed to manually set up the calendar in such a way so that now it shows all her working and non working days in perpetuity. It’s now 04:59 and in about 15 minutes I’m going to try to show her how to remove the back; that’ll be fun!
I woke up this evening feeling like death warmed up, another cold, but the distraction of Julie’s phone seemed to take my mind off it; so well done JW.
Now it’s time to take a look at the BBC website to see what irrelevant news stories I can lambaste tonight. Will the Coles still be headline news, probably, what a sad world we live in!

No comments: